Prosthodontics is a specialized field in dentistry that relates to cosmetic treatments. You can think of a prosthodontist as a dental architect to who designs and customizes beautiful, stable, and long-lasting treatments to improve a patient's confidence and self-esteem.
What treatments can the prosthodontist perform?
- Dental Implants – Implants are designed to replace the natural teeth in the best possible way. Titanium roots are implanted in the jawbone in the same way as natural tooth roots. Implants look and feel the same as natural teeth.
- Dental Veneers – Veneers are porcelain/ceramic covers that are bonded to the natural teeth. Veneers can instantly solve problems like uneven teeth, stained teeth, and chips and damage caused by general wear and tear.
- Dental Crowns – Prosthetic crowns are generally made from porcelain, metal or a combination of the two. They have been designed to mimic the natural crown (surface of the tooth) and can last for up to a decade, and possibly longer.
- Dental Bridges – Conventional and cantilever bridges are used to support a prosthetic tooth. The natural teeth can support the bridge if they are in good condition, or dental implants may be used as anchors.
- Complete Dentures – A complete set of dentures can be created for people who have no teeth due to gum disease or trauma. Complete dentures restore functionality to the mouth and make chewing and speaking easier.
- Partial Dentures – Where many teeth have been lost, removable or fixed partial dentures can prove to be an excellent option. They enhance the aesthetics of the smile in addition to improving chewing abilities.
These are just a few examples of the common cosmetic services we provide. Contact us today to learn more about your full list of cosmetic options.